Friday, June 24, 2011

Ginger Spice French Toast


I wanted to try something new for my ordinary (really basic) French toast recipe, so I decided to use one of my favorite spice, "Ginger". While I was adding ginger to the egg mixture, I thought, why not add all of my favorite spices that will go with Ginger?  So here it is, cardamon, cinnamon, nutmeg.. All my favorite spices are incorporated in this french toast. Considering this is my first attempt, it turned out decent, but can be better! I like the idea of using all these spices though, so I will experiment some more.. !  If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them please : )

Trial size recipe (using one slice of bread)

Ingredients:
5TBS Milk
1 Egg
1/4 tsp Ginger powder
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
a pinch of cardamon
a pinch of salt
2 tsp Honey
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract

1. In a bowl, whisk egg until foamy. Whisk in the rest of the ingredients.

2. Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Dip the bread in the egg mixture, turning to coat thoroughly.

3. Place coated bread slice in heated skillet. Cook, turning, until both sides are nicely browned. Sprinkle powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment